TriWest Gives Green to Military Charities When Customers 'Go Green'
PHOENIX — TRICARE West Region beneficiaries can assist military families and help save the environment with a simple click of a mouse.
February 4 through April 30, 2011, when a TRICARE beneficiary chooses to “Go Green” and opts-in for paperless statements, TriWest will contribute $5 to a military support organization. The beneficiary may choose to direct TriWest’s contribution to Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA), Operation Homefront, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) or the USO.
“TriWest is committed to providing quality health care, as well as boosting morale and well-being for military families,” said TriWest President and CEO David J. McIntyre, Jr. “This is why we contribute to a number of worthwhile military organizations and why we develop innovative ways to improve customer service, including creating convenient and secure ways for customers to effectively manage their health care online.”
Each of the eligible military charities supports active duty Service members, veterans, military families or survivors in different ways.
- Operation Homefront— Provides emergency and morale assistance for Service members, the families they leave behind, and for wounded warriors when they return home, and has filled the needs of more than 267,000 military families since 2002.
- Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA)—Delivers quality social, educational and recreational programs and services to active duty military and family members. Its programs include children’s waiting rooms at various military hospitals and Operation Hero.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)—Offers hope, healing, comfort and care to families grieving after the death of a Service member through programs such as Survivor Seminars and Good Grief Camps.
- USO—Entertains and provides educational programs to Service members and their families.
By registering at www.triwest.com/GoGreen, TRICARE West Region beneficiaries can opt-in to receive paperless TRICARE communications, such as referral and authorization letters, claims and explanation of benefits statements.
Since launching the program, TriWest has avoided printing and mailing out tens of thousands of sheets of paper. The “Go Green” option for TRICARE West Region customers is:
- Convenient. Access healthcare statements online, 24/7 from anywhere in the world. E-mail updates sent when new statements are available.
- Secure. Reduce risk of mail fraud and identity theft by storing medical information safely in a secure, password-protected account.
- Simple. Archive and view up to three years of history. Print out only what is needed, when it’s needed.
For more information, visit www.triwest.com/GoGreen or www.facebook.com/TriWest.