The Veterans Choice Program Benefits
When you call to authorize your Choice Card for services (1-866-606-8198), a representative will verify your eligibility and confirm if you qualify to receive benefits. Please refer to the eligibility requirements if you have questions.
When contacting us to receive authorization for your care, please be ready to provide your name, address, the ID number on your Choice Card and reasons you believe the eligibility criteria apply to you. If you have lost or misplaced your card, please visit our Replacement Card page for information on obtaining a new card.
A representative will help you verify eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program and facilitate the processes of helping find available physicians, making appointments, explaining other insurance requirements and ensuring the seamless flow of medical records.
- Confirm your eligibility or may request that you contact your local VA medical facility to obtain certain information if you are not currently authorized.
- Collect information on other health insurance coverage you may have, such as employer or union-provided health plans, so we can assess coverage responsibilities.
- Identify private physicians participating in our network near your home and offer to make your appointment for care with one of them.
NOTE: You have the option of seeing a physician of your choice but TriWest would need to first confirm that physician's willingness to participate in the Veterans Choice Program.
- Send reminders of your upcoming appointments.
- Pay claims for all of the authorized services.
- Work with the non-VA physician to ensure the information concerning your visit is returned to your local VA medical facility.